Saturday, August 16, 2008

Crafty Deeds #1

My latest crafty scheme is to construct a shadowbox for the kitchen. I've decided on an asian theme; specifically japanese or chinese. My main inspiration came from the accidental discovery of these japanese erasers. Namely it was the sushi set that caught my eye proper. It was so disgustingly cute and the size is perfect for my 5 x 7 shadowbox. The background of the shadowbox is black too but I was thinking of adding some fabric elements. For some bit of extra flare, I'm searching through doll miniatures for things like flowers, fans, etc.

Andy has reservations about my project but he just doesn't have my vision of it! It will be glorious!

1 comment:

Bonnie Jean said...

I love those fun erasers! (I prefer your pick of the sushi; the one labeled "Japanese food" looked too much like cafeteria food to me.) That will make a fun shadowbox for the kitchen. :)