Friday, October 10, 2008

Just Say NO...

Usually I keep my political and moral beliefs underwraps because I'm a firm believer of not broadcasting your beliefs to the masses on a large scale. However, it seems like our country is on the verge of something great or something terrible. But we keep having these bumps in the road to human understanding and social transcendence.

I'm not a California a citizen but if I was, I'd vote NO on Prop 8. And if you're a progressive, open minded human being, you would to. The government should not have the right to tell you who you can and cannot marry. Everytime I hear the utter nonsense of "a marriage is between a man and a woman" I want to scream. Should I point out the divorce statistics? I know more heterosexual couples who shouldn't be in a relationship, let alone a marriage. Perhaps it harkens back to antiquated religious beliefs that are all about procreating to raise many loyal children followers. Whatever it was, it's for the wrong reasons. How can it be wrong for 2 people who love each other to marry and/or adopt children? (I personally know quite a few heterosexual men and women who shouldn't have children either.) Why can't same sex couples enjoy a happily ever after like everybody else? They can marry, have children and lead wonderful lives.

I still don't understand how people can be so blind and cruel.

No comments: